Sunday, January 05, 2014

Retirement party

"There comes a time, Thief, when the gold loses its lustre, when the jewels cease to sparkle, when the throne room becomes a prison, and all that is left is a father's love for his child."
-- King Osric the Usurper
New year's is traditionally a time for reflection and re-prioritization.  So after a hard look at where I want to spend my time over the next year or twenty, I've decided that Myopia is going into permanent retirement, effective immediately.

There are a couple reasons for it, but the biggest one is that I simply haven't been satisfied with it for quite a while.  Making it better demands more time, but I have plenty of other projects in the hopper and my time, I concluded, is better spent on them.

So over the next few weeks, all of the posts not labeled "Bible" or "Christianity" will probably disappear - those will remain in hopes that they will prove of value to someone.

Thank you all for reading, commenting, hanging out.  Happy New Year and God bless you all.

17 comments:

fish said...

Thanks for the effort El Bo! I will miss dropping by...enjoy retirement!

bob k. mando said...

[ tips hat ]

you'll continue coming by and helping us out with pig roasts, right?

VP just wouldn't be the same without chili.

El Borak said...

In all honesty, I'll probably appear more at VP in the future. I shan't be able to give up the noise merchantry completely, I'm afraid.

doomfinger said...

Thanks for everything. It depresses me to see you go. I can't help but think of this passage from LoTR:

‘Do not judge the counsel of Gandalf, until all is over, lord,’ said Aragorn.
‘The end will not be long,’ said the king. ‘But I will not end here, taken like an old badger in a trap. Snowmane and Hasufel and the horses of my guard are in the inner court. When dawn comes, I will bid men sound Helm’s horn, and I will ride forth. Will you ride with me then, son of Arathorn? Maybe we shall cleave a road, or make such an end as will be worth a song – if any be left to sing of us hereafter.’
‘I will ride with you,’ said Aragorn.

Giraffe said...

Aw man.... This sucks

David said...

And here I'd just rediscovered this place.

Rebuttals by Martin Bashir

Metal Dad said...

i will miss your musings and wisdom, my friend. all the best to you and yours.

john (metal dad)

heresolong said...

I'll miss it also. I've enjoyed your take on the various subjects you've covered in the last year or so since I found your blog. Good luck with your retirement.

Conan the Cimmerian, King of Aquilonia said...

Where did all the reload go!?!?!

Good luck.

John Rogers said...

This stinks.

CJ said...

So long and thanks for all the fish.

ehart said...

Bummer. I may have to quit choir to get your take on the real world now. lol.

Honestly, I feel the same way about my blogs. I visit some of them so infrequently (mostly due to Facebook and connect speed) that I wonder why they still exist.

Speaking of Facebook, if my grid goes down, do we have a number we can call for you to post cancellations? PM me on FB.

El Borak said...

Thanks, all. Final cleanup:

ehart, you've got mail.

C.A. and S.C., I have your checks for drawing tickets. Thank you very much.

My email is billhoyt at inbox dot com if anyone wants gun tickets or to complain about the weather. I can't do much about the latter, but I can help with the former.

Huckleberry said...

Sad to see it go.
Thanks for the good reads over the years, and for the friendly links.
Don't be a stranger to my corner of the Internet.

Mac said...

I'm sorry I found this blog so in its life. I enjoyed it for a time.

Thanks for the posts.

Beth said...

BRING BACK THE BLOG

El Borak said...

Ya, I know. The irony is that since I killed it, I've found stuff to blog about nearly every day.

But that's the temptation, no? It's easy when you're not doing it.