Did you know?The man is far too modest. In adding campaign talking points to the biography pages of nearly every president of the 20th century, Obama, in his usual self-deprecating style, skipped over the far move momentous accomplishments of the greatest president* ever to preside over the greatest nation on earth**. Some of Obama's more noteworthy 18th and 19th century accomplishments in the presidential arena surely should have been included:
In 1973, Richard Nixon created The President’s Export Council, which was expanded and reconstituted under President Jimmy Carter in 1979. Today the PEC continues to work towards reaching President Obama’s goal of doubling the nation’s exports by 2014’s end.
Did you know?
- In 1776, Obama crossed the Delaware River in less than 1/3 of the time it took George Washington. Walking across the water.
- In 1803, Obama convinced Napoleon to sell the Louisiana Territory to the United States for beads, cloth, and trinkets worth 60 Dutch guilders, or just under $24. Only Obama's superhuman modesty kept the transaction from being known forever as the Obamiana Purchase.
- In 1814, it was Obama's idea to use an alligator as a cannon to win the Battle of New Orleans.
- In 1863, Obama wrote Dreams from my Father on the back of an envelope while traveling by train to Hawaii.
* not to mention the greatest writer since Julius Caesar.
** Pretty much be definition. We are the greatest nation on earth because we have such a great president.